Monday, March 24

Happy Easter!


So the Easter Bunny found us again this year! I realized Saturday night that I didn't have enough matching baskets (I hadn't bought one for Brayden yet) so I decided to go with the buckets, since they store easier and they are a little less girly than pastel baskets. We're not huge sugar people so we usually add some other things to the baskets. Kenny got some cologne, I got some new nail polish, Tyler and Ryan got some new video games to share, Mckay got a DVD, and Brayden got some new Binkys.


When you have all boys, you have to find an alternative to fancy Easter dresses, for me it's suits and ties. I don't understand why it's OK to buy several expensive dresses for little girls for church, but little boys wear the same khaki pants every week. I think it's important to teach them at a young age what is appropriate for church and what "Sunday Best" means. (Sorry, that's my little soap-box issue.) My boys love dressing up in their suits and act differently when wearing them. By now I have several in each size to pass down, but I love it when they all match (including Kenny, if I can)! Besides, Kenny's brother is getting married in May so they can serve double duty!


After church, I made the boys line up on the couch for pictures. It only gets harder each year to get all of them looking the same way and smiling, but Brayden grinned the entire time!



Later we went to my parents for dinner and the Easter egg hunt. First we did one for all the kids then they hid all the eggs for the parents to find, which was perfect as it was getting darker and they were harder to find. Then we divided the eggs up for all the kids to take home! It was a fun day!

13 comments:

TheTennesseeWilliams said...

Awww, I love it, I made Sol come in and look at how cute the boys were! I miss my baby boys! So freakin cute!

meghannamarie said...

Everything is so cute! I get you point about the Sunday Best clothes and I will try to do better I promise!!

Hatch's said...

I love Brayden...Have I said that before?
Your boys look so handsome. I have noticed that kids act differently when dressed up too. I agree about Sunday Best. Now what to do about jeans and t-shirts at weddings!

Carter Family said...

Your family was absolutely adorable at church. Brayden was so handsome in his little suit. I loved it.

Taylor and Kristin Williams said...

aww... my brayden is getting so big on me and I've only seen him like twice! I can't wait for May!!! Kenny said you might try to come on Sunday because Taylor and I both have Memorial Day off and I got the next day off work so I can play with the boys while you're at the wedding. Anyway, we're so excited to see you guys!!!

felicia said...

Those suits are so stinkin' adorable! (and of course the boys wearing them) Love it! I'm glad you guys had a fun easter! :)

Lorena said...

I'm with you on the wearing of suits...even though I only have 1 suit-wearer!

ilm3ib said...

I love the suits. My problem is that for the expense, they out grow them so quickly. I don't mind buying nice things for Collin because I know Tanner will wear them next... But it is so hard for me to buy nice stuff for Tanner knowing we'll just get rid of it in a couple of months. They wear dress pants and shirts and ties but the suits... Where did you get them, they're adorable and I haven't found any nice ones lately~ Good job mom!

Jolley's said...

oh my! Those are some handsome little fellows you have there! I'm all for "dressing" up boys on Easter...you did a great job in finding matching suits in all those different sizes. I'm very impressed!

Queen Creek Chaffee's said...

I love the matching suits. Your kids look so Sharp!

Koi said...

Aww, I love the matching suits. And good point too, I just wish I could find a suit big enough to fit my sweet hubby, but until then all three boys will just have to wear the same old khaki pants and matching ties.

CJ said...

Your soapbox issue is mine as well as you know. You referred to yourself as un-photogenic and I have to politely disagree with that assessment of yourself. Although, I feel that way about myself. You have a beautiful, fetching family!

meghannamarie said...

Mitch you blog look awsome! So you figured it out! Now that you have changed yours I want to change mine! I hope I see a new post today since i is Kenny's B-day!!