Friday, July 4

Happy 4th of July!


The Fourth of July is one of my favorite holidays! I grew up in Utah so we always went to the parades, had picnics and barbecues in the canyon, went swimming and ended the night with the Stadium of Fire Fireworks. It's a little different here in Arizona, I guess with the heat there are less organized activities, but we try to make the most of it.
This year we went swimming at Brimhall pool. Kenny and the older boys had a lot of fun jumping off the diving boards. I stayed with the little boys while Mckay spent most of the time going down the kiddie frog slide and Brayden crawled around in the shallow end. Surprisingly it wasn't too crowded. Afterward, we came home and barbecued burgers and hot dogs, with pasta salad, potato salad, baked beans, chips, etc. Yum! Kenny and I watched the Music Man on TV while Brayden took a nap and the other boys watched cartoons. Later we headed over to MCC to finish the night with fireworks.
It was a great day!

2 comments:

Carter Family said...

Utah celebrations are different then here. Phil wonders why I don't get excited for the 4th but I always talk about when I was in Utah. Do you think that heat has anything to do with it??! We saw the MCC's fireworks from my moms house. Glad you guys had a great day even if there wasn't a parade.

meghannamarie said...

Looks like you had fun! Great idea with the swimming, makes the heat no soo bad! The boys look so cute watching the fireworks!