Thursday, January 29

Strep Throat... AGAIN!

I woke up Tuesday morning with a sore throat and a head ache, not a good sign. But, I had things to do, so I took a couple advils and just tried to tough it out. As the day went on, my body ached, I was worn out and I was FREEZING cold. I even put on a sweater and turned on the heater in my car. Finally, at about 6:30 I crawled into my bed to get warm, and didn't get out the rest of the night. When I felt worse on Wednesday, I knew I needed to go the dr that morning before the kids came home early on a half day. I felt just like I did in November with Strep Throat, but didn't remember anyone I know having Strep recently. At the dr, the nurse took my vitals then swabbed my throat for the strep test. He told me he could already see the pockets of pus on my tonsils, so he was pretty postive it was strep. GROSS! Sure enough the test was postive. I told the Dr I had it in November too and asked if it was common to have it again already. He said anytime you're around kids (like my 4 children!) it's common to catch repeated cases of Strep. I told him NOBODY else in my family ever gets it though, just me! He said often times the kids are carriers of the virus so they don't get sick but just pass it on to me. Great! Thanks ALOT, guys! I got my anti-biotics and spent the rest of the day in my bed. So, with Mom out of commission for the last two days, my house is a wreck, my dishes are piling up, my laundry is out of control, and my kids have done almost nothing but watch tv and eat junk food. Gotta love when mom is sick!

1 comments:

meghannamarie said...

When in Rome! While the cats away! I hope you get better soon, how long has it been since we have seen each other.