Saturday, July 25

4th of July

We went to Safford/Thatcher to visit Kenny's parents for the 4th of July. Kenny's Dad actually picked up the 2 older boys a few days earlier. I have been told they went fishing, and shoooting guns, and did lots of swimming in the backyard. All I know is they had a blast! When we showed up a few days later, the little boys were happy to see their big brothers and cousins and join in the fun.


On the 4th we went to the parade in the morning in downtown Safford. I grew up in Utah, so 4th of July means big parades and festivities and fireworks. Safford's a pretty small town, so it was a much smaller parade that was done in about 20 or 30 minutes, but still fun to start the day! My battery died in my camera, so thanks Monica for the pics!

That afternoon, we had a big barbeque and let the kids swim and play in the backyard. Kenny's mom also helped me fix a skirt I had brought with me that needed some sewing help. That night, we went to the fairgrounds for the fireworks. They had a free concert by a country band named Savannah Jack, which was pretty good. (One of the guys plays on the freecreditreport.com commercials.) They played some cover songs, which were fun, as well as some of their own songs. We bought the kids some glow necklaces which kept them all busy until the fireworks started. They put on a great 45 min fireworks show, better than I had expected for the small town! It was a very happy 4th!




0 comments: