Wednesday, May 5

Gila Valley Temple, Roommate Reunion

With some of Kenny's time off between jobs, we were able to travel to Safford to visit Kenny's family. The timing was perfect for the new Gila Valley Temple open house, and the EAC choir reunion and Spring Sing.
Our ward YM were planning to tour the temple Saturday morning, so Kenny arranged to drive down Friday night with our family, then to meet them at the temple for the tour the next day.


That afternoon I met up with some of my former roommates and went to the choir reunion picnic (I was never part of the choir, but went along for the ride to play with the girls). I actually only lived with 2 of these girls, and 2 are my sister-in-law, but over the years, all of us lived in the same house with different roommates. Afterward, we went to the Spring Sing - which was AWFUL - so we left at intermission and went to tour the temple instead. We went back to Kenny's parents and visited for a while and took pictures before the girls had to head home.


After dinner, I bathed the boys and got them ready to go see the temple. Since it was dark out, we took pictures before we left. We had a talk on the way about what temples are used for and how special it was to get to see inside the temple. We realized in a few months, Tyler would be old enough to do baptisms for the dead! It was fun to see their excitement and reverence. I could see they really were understanding! Before going into the celestial room, the tour guide asked us not to speak in that room. I warned the boys, and as we waked in there was a HUGE beautiful chandelier hanging in the center of the room. The older boys eyes grew big staring at it. Brayden was busy looking around the room, and was about half way through when he noticed the chandelier and exclaimed "OOOHHHHHH, PRETTY!" Before I hushed him, many people smiled and giggled. You can't fault such an innocent reaction. Before leaving we stopped in the sealing room, and waited to be the last ones so we could stand in the mirrors as a family and show how it continues on forever, just like we will. I am so grateful for the opportunity take my kids and have that experience with them. I know they will never forget it!

0 comments: