Thursday, March 19

I'M SO SICK OF BEING SICK!

I had strep throat in November, the weekend of Kenny's MBA graduation. Two months later I got strep throat again in January! That time the Dr. told me one of my kids could be a carrier, who gets it from school and brings it home to me, but doesn't get sick themselves! NICE! (Well, I think it's Ryan!) And here we are two months later in March...
Last week, Ryan told me he had a sore throat, and he fell asleep in his bed after school one day while doing his homework. But he never had a fever, he didn't complain about it again and it didn't slow him down any. So I never worried about it. Tuesday morning this week, Tyler had a sore throat. We had some friends over to play, and after they left that afternoon, Tyler fell asleep on his bed. When he got up, he had a headache and was obviously not feeling well. I gave him some medicine and he seemed to be doing better. But, my throat started hurting that night, and I was completely worn out. (I'm beginning to notice this pattern!) Wednesday, Tyler was still sick and throughout the day, I got worse. Kenny was working late, but I asked him to stop and buy a thermometer on his way home (can't find one around here - go figure!). Once Kenny got home at 8:30, Tyler had a 102* temp, and mine was 100*. We were both miserable so I decided to take us both to Urgent Care. I drove all the way there to find out they had already closed at 8:00!
So first thing this morning, I dropped off my other 3 kids at Krissy's and Tyler and I went to Urgent Care. YEP, STREP THROAT and anti-biotics for both of us! ARG! This is the THIRD time for me in SIX months! Every other month! Let's hope the Third time is the Charm! I wonder if I could convince my Dr. to take out my tonsils so I don't have to keep doing this!

1 comments:

Cossebooms said...

Oh, Michelle! That is not fun! I hope you guys are doing better, and that strep will not come back again.