Wednesday, April 15

Happy Easter!

Easter was pretty low key this year.
We haven't been brave enough to take all the boys to the Easter pageant in years. Since it's during tax season, and usually on a school night we usually skip it. But this year I decided the boys were old enough to help me out and pay attention. I decided Thursday night would be best 'cause it would be a late night and the boys were out of school on Friday. I packed up some subs, drinks, apple slices, and chips for dinner and some blankets and jackets then headed out. Kenny met us there for dinner (since it's so close to his office), but had to leave 'cause he had several hours of tax work to complete and wasn't excited to stay up way past midnight doing it. (The life of a tax widow during the final week of tax season!) Ryan fell asleep within the first 1/2 hour (which I should have expected, he is SO NOT a night-owl), but the other boys liked it. It was a great way to remind them what Easter is all about!


On Sunday, the Easter Bunny found us, but since it was a fast Sunday for our ward(what a cruel trick!) he left a note to wait until after church for the candy, as well as toys and things to keep them busy (mostly things for our upcoming Disney trip). Happily it worked! Later we went to my parents' house for a yummy ham dinner. :)

I am so grateful for Easter and the atonement and sacrifice Jesus Christ made for us so we can repent and live with our Eternal family again. I am so grateful for my family and their love, and the opportunity to teach them the gospel, and everything they teach me in return. I'm thankful to know that whatever our trials and pains are, He knows our pain and can comfort us and help us to overcome our trials. I am grateful to be a member of His church and to have this knowledge. I hope to live my life in a way that would be pleasing to Him.

1 comments:

Hatch's said...

That is HILARIOUS...with Ryan sleeping in the picture. Seriously one of my favorites! Your testimony made me cry!