Thursday, August 13

First Day of School! HOORAY!

We were doing so well this summer. Playing, swimming, sleeping in, etc. But the last week or two... I'm DONE! All the boys want to do is watch tv, play video games, goof off, and fight. NONE of their chores are getting done (which mean NO activities, tv, video games, legos, etc...) and they aren't listening to me. It's taking them HOURS to do what should be done in a matter of minutes! It's driving me nuts! I am SO ready for school to start and get back on our schedule for homework and chores and everthing else! We are so much more productive in our school routine! I'm ready!
(To add to my frustration, something happened to my camera, and it won't focus, SO I have to send it in to be repaired. I only had my cell phone for pics! ALL the pictures are crappy and blury!)


This year Tyler is starting Fifth grade (I can't believe it!) in Ms. Silvas class. She seems perfect for Tyler's tempermant - kind, but firm and very organized. She seems very on top of it and down to business, but has some fun things planned as well. He's excited most of his friends are still in his class, but was worried his desk was surrounded by girls at the open house. I'm sure he'll be fine! :)

Ryan is starting Third grade in Ms. Lynne's class. She is new to Noah Webster, but has been teaching in Phoenix for years. Her step-daughter has been going to Noah Webster, so she was super excited to be able to teach there now too. She aslo seems to fit Ryan's personality. She's fun and silly with the kids, but won't put up with bad behavior. We discussed Ryan's constant energy, and she is right on board to keep him on task.


We're looking forward to another GREAT year!


1 comments:

Cossebooms said...

I love the school routine to. Ya the summer is fun and nice to do what you want, when you want. But after a little bit it's nice to be back on schedule. Sounds like your boys are enjoying school. Karli starts school this week is so excited. We need to hang out sometime with just the one child we will have for a few hours.