Thursday, June 19

Fishing with Grandpa!

Kenny's Dad asked if he could take the 2 older boys, along with their cousin Eli, to Thatcher for a few days to go fishing and do other boy stuff this summer. Um... Yes!! So he picked up the boys on Wednesday afternoon and brought them home Saturday afternoon! I'm sure they had plenty of chocolate milk and bean burros and spent lots of time playing in the playhouse in the backyard. The boys had a really GREAT time!

We received a call on Thursday afternoon from a very excited Tyler. He left a message on the voicemail then called me on the cell phone. It went about like this (speaking very fast!).
Tyler: Hi Mom, guess what?!
Me: Hi Tyler, What's up?
Tyler: I got to shoot a BB gun! And, Ryan did too!
Me: Wow! Where are you shooting at?
Tyler: In Grandpa's backyard! We're shooting at root-beer cans!
Me: Are you being careful?
Tyler: Ya, grandpa's here! It's my turn again!! Love you, bye Mom!
This was very exciting for them because we have no guns in our house. We don't hunt. We know very little about guns and gun safety to teach our children, therefore, I believe we shouldn't have them in our home, and our kids have had very little contact with them. I later learned that Grandpa talked to them about guns and gun safety before letting them shoot, which I appreciate! I think they also went swimming and to Discovery Park on Thursday.

On Friday they drove up to the mountains for the big fishing trip! I was told nobody caught anything but they loved using salmon eggs, marshmallows and nightcrawlers for bait! I'm sure it was quite the experience!

Mckay and Brayden stayed at home, and I thought Mckay might be sad to be left behind. But, I spoke to him before the boys left and he was just fine. I've always said he is my "want to be only child" so I think he enjoyed the extra attention and peace. Wednesday night, they got their baths and PJs on and played until I sent Mckay to bed while I was feeding Brayden... and without distractions from the older boys, he climbed into his bed and went to sleep! On Thursday, I promised him we could do something fun with his cousin Jake so we went to the mall and played and later went to swimming lessons. On Friday, we stayed home and the little boys played while I cleaned the house and washed laundry. It was so peaceful and quiet! But we definately missed our big boys and we were all happy to have them home on Saturday!

Thanks Grandpa for the vacation (for the boys and me!)!

2 comments:

meghannamarie said...

That was a great 3 days! I wish Grandpa could have taken Parker! I understand why he didn't though! Yikes Parker!

meghannamarie said...

Hey I am leaving you this comment to let you know I tagged you sorry check out my blog!