Thursday, June 19

Lot's of Firsts!

Brayden has just leaped forward with so many milestones, we can't hardly keep up! Because he is our last (and they all grow up too fast as it is) we have been in no hurry to teach him.

He started sitting on his own about 5 months, but never learned to roll over! Now he has moved to crawling, but still no rolling! Before we left to Utah he would high-center on his belly and he could turn from side to side and slide backwards... which really frustrated him when he tried to reach something ahead of him.
In Utah he started pulling himself onto his knees and rocking, barely moving forward (sometimes by grabbing at the carpet and pulling) but it was still very slow. Since we came home he has really figured it out and is moving pretty quick. Now he has figured out how to pull up to stand on the tables and couches! Now that he's on the move he's so much happier! If I walk into the other room, he is right behind me. If he gets tired of playing with the boys, he just comes to find me. The funny thing is he still HATES to roll over or be on his back at all. He's like a turtle! He can finally do it, but he prefers to just sit up then go to his knees to crawl!



His top 2 front teeth came through just before our Utah trip as well. It seems like everyday another one pops through! He looks so different. He is starting to look less like a baby and more like a little boy... which is so cute but it makes me sad 'cause he's my last.

He also got his first haircut! He was looking pretty scraggly and it was time to do all the other boys, so what's one more, right! Kenny held him on his lap and he was pretty still trying to figure out what I was doing. I think he looks much better.

He's is starting to babble more and try to talk to us. It sounds like he says Hi to people when they first come up to him. He also says Mama, but I think it's just sounds. All my other boys said Dada first so I don't want to get my hopes up!

Finally, he has started eating food! We've realized he doesn't really like baby food, but he wants all of our big food. He hates the soft mushy stuff, he loves biting and chewing. He likes to feed himself. He'll refuse something out of a bowl with a spoon, but if I pour some of it on his try, he will pick it up with is thumb and forefinger and feed himself. Of course he prefers the sweet fruits, so I have to mix his cereal with apple juice, but at least he will eat it!

He's just so cute and so much fun! He's like a little celebrity in our house. The boys still fight over who's turn it is to sit by him, or play with him or hold him. I thought it would wear off after a little while, but it hasn't. I guess that's what it's like to be the youngest!

1 comments:

Taylor and Kristin Williams said...

I sure do love naked baby bums!! :) Man I wish I was there to pinch it. :)