Wednesday, October 1

Happy 10th Birthday Tyler!

My 1st born is an entire decade old today! How strange! I totally remember turning 10 and my sister explaining what a decade meant. (Tyler already knew of course.) The day he was born is such a blur to me. Partly because he was an emergency C-section so I was heavily medicated, and he was in the ICU part of the day from inhaling amniotic fluid, and it was just an all around crazy day! But from that first day, he has always been such a happy, easy going, loving kid. I honestly think Heavenly Father was up in heaven thinking "I have to send a really easy one for these 2 incredibly young, immature, and just plain stupid kids that think they can have a baby!" I know he was hand picked just for us and I am so grateful.


On Sunday, we went to Megan's for dinner and she made a cake and had a great surprise for him. Tyler is very into Pirates of the Caribbean. He loves playing pirates with his brothers and cousins. Megan made a pirate scavenger hunt for him with a compass like Jack Sparrows, and at the end was a wooden chest with chocolate gold coins, eye patches, beaded necklaces, and little compasses for all the kids (they were thrilled!). Underneath all the treasure she hid a fake heart like Davy Jones' and a Jack Sparrow watch. He loves it! He even took it all to school today to show his class for his VIP day.

Today he also got to wear the birthday pin to school and took cookies for his class. When he got home from school, I took him to the game store to get a new memory card, since their other one died. Then we stopped by Krispy Kreme for his free dozen doughnuts which we brought home. After dinner, we sang Happy Birthday and ate his cake. He asked for an ice cream cake, so I attempted making my own. I think it turned out pretty well with chocolate cake on bottom, then chocolate ice cream, then cool whip, then crushed cookies on top. Later, we went to Chuck E Cheese and got some tokens for the kids to run and play. He also got the new Lego Batman video game and some Magnetics.

He's been so excited for his birthday! Unfortunately, we get slammed with 3 of the 4 boys birthdays within 1 month so it's hard to go all out, but we still want to make them each feel special. Even so, I think he had a great birthday ("one of the best" according to him).

Happy Birthday Tyler Bob! We Love You!

4 comments:

meghannamarie said...

He is so cute, and he is a good kid! I am glad he liked the treasure box, and I am sure he will make good use out of it whatever he decides he loves!

CJ said...

Happy Birthday Tyler! And yes you are one handsome little man:)

Shaina said...

That does seem like a great birthday!! The big 10. Never single digits again. What a great kid!

Hatch's said...

A) I think you guys have some of the best babies there are...I mean sooooo good!
B)Its funny how much he used to look alot like you and now he is SOOOO Kenny!
C)Happy Birthday Tyler! We love you. Keep being the great, smart, cute cousin/nephew you are!