Thursday, September 25

Tyler's part of the Club!

So Tyler has been squinting for a while now, and complaining that he can't see, and asking to wear our glasses. I wasn't sure if he really had trouble seeing, or he just really wanted glasses. He loves dressing up and they make a great accessory for his costumes.


It started a couple years ago when he got a new suit and while he was trying it on, I mentioned he looked like his dad. He beamed and said he just needed some glasses. Kenny had just got a new pair because his other pair broke and lost a lens in a car accident he was in, but we still had them. I removed the other lens and let him wear them. He was so proud to be like Kenny, so I let him keep them. That was just the beginning!

He constantly asked to wear our glasses, especially after Kenny got contacts. I even mentioned the squinting to his teacher last year, and she said she would keep an eye on it, but I never heard anything, so I figured he was fine, just dramatic.

Until a few weeks ago he came home and told me his teacher moved him up closer so he could see better. The next day he went to the nurse for an eye test, which he failed. He came home with an envelope and a paper for the Eye Dr to fill out and return to the nurse. So I made the appointment and he was SO excited!

On the way there, I asked him if he was nervous and he said, "No! I finally get to be part of the club!" Apparently, there are about 10 kids in his class with glasses, not to mention most of our family. He says kids don't tease people about glasses, and "It's just cool to see better, Mom." I guess teasing has evolved.

He was so excited, I had to take a couple pictures with my cell phone! Sure enough, his vision was 20/200 in one eye and 20/70 in the other. So he picked out some dark rectangular wire frames like his Dad's. So cute! He couldn't wait! Luckily, they were done in less than a week and he had them in time for school picture day. Now he's officially part of the club!

6 comments:

Taylor and Kristin Williams said...

Cute!!! I like em!

CJ said...

Oh so handsome! He's such a cute boy!

Hatch's said...

"How can 'Instantly improve your eyesight' NOT be at the top of anyone's to do list?" ~Brian Regan
How cute that he wants to be like Kenny! I can't wait to see his school pics!

meghannamarie said...

Oh he is soo cute!

Shaina said...

he looks great!! I have one that wears glasses and one more that I think will "join the club". It may be fun at first, but not 20 years later, like Heath and I. Thank goodness for Lasik!

Mechelle said...

he does look cute, or should I say handsome? Anyway, welcome to the club Tyler!