Sunday, November 16

Birthday Weekend Getaway!!

Kenny surprised me this weekend with a wonderful Birthday Getaway! For my 30th birthday next week, he wanted to do something really special. He arranged for my sister and her hubby, Krissy and Taylor, to watch the boys for a couple nights while we ran away to Scottsdale! Earlier, he had to tell me he was planning something because our ward's Super Saturday was this weekend, and I was planning to sign up for some crafts. But he didn't give me any details.



Friday morning, he left me an envelope on the kitchen table before he went work. I waited until the boys were dressed then opened it during breakfast. It was like a scavenger hunt, set like the Amazing Race. We don't usually like the same tv shows, but we have been watching Amazing Race together, so it was a lot of fun to see it set that way. He first arranged for Mindy to watch the little boys while I went with Krissy for pedicures (also a little thanks to her for watching the kids over the weekend). He later sent me home to pack and give me more details for our trip. He came home early from work to help get everything ready to go. Once Taylor got home from work we left and checked into our hotel in old town Scottsdale. Kenny knew we didn't have much time, so he wanted to go somewhere close. It was nice to get away without having to waste time traveling. After we checked in, we went to dinner at Claim Jumper. (Thanks Monica for the gift cards, they came in real handy!) We were so full after dinner, we went back to the hotel for bed!




Saturday morning, we wanted to go to the temple. It's hard to find the time and sitters to go to the temple together, so this was the perfect chance. We were planning to do a session, but had talked about wanting do sealings so we could spend more time together. As we walked in the doors, they asked if we would be willing to help with sealings, PERFECT! We had one of the funniest guys doing the sealings, not like any other before! What a great way to start our day! After the temple, we were starving so we went to Red Lobster for lunch. So yummy! Then we went back to our hotel to change and then spent the rest of the afternoon shopping at Scottsdale Fashion Square Mall, and the Pavillions. We also wanted to see a movie, but weren't interested in anything playing. By the evening we were worn out, so we picked up some dinner at 5 and Diner and headed back to the hotel to relax for the night.





Sunday morning, we slept in and ate a late breakfast before coming home. It was such a peaceful, relaxing weekend! So rejuvenating! I'm so greatful for my wonderful husband! It was so great to spend the time together and so nice of him to arrange for such a special treat for my birthday! Love you Babe!
Also, BIG thanks to Krissy and Taylor for watching the kiddos!!

12 comments:

Carter Family said...

Lucky you! I would pass out if Phil planned something like this for me. Glad you had a great weekend.

Carter Family said...

Just think this week is going to get even better. I can't wait!! Happy early birthday!

Michelle said...

That is so awesome!!! I am lucky is Jared remembers mine. I guess Valynn and I need to work on out men don't we!!! I am glad you had a good weekend you deserve it!!

Taylor and Kristin Williams said...

I already miss the boys!!! :)

Koi said...

Aww, I can view your blog now yeah!! Just in time for you birthday on the 18th too. I'll probably forget to tell you happy birthday then so I'll tell you now just in case. Happy Birthday!!

felicia said...

What an awesome suprise! Glad you guys had a fun getaway...way to go Kenny:)

Hatch's said...

Nice! Kenny rocks! Glad you got to go to Claim Jumper! Yummy!

meghannamarie said...

HE is so good! Nice job Kenny! I would be totally be shocked if Justin even thought of 1/4 of what Kenny did!!

No Chicks Allowed said...

thanks for the invite to your blog, i didn't even know you had one! sounds like you had a fun weekend. your sister had all your kids asleep during sacrament meeting so i leaned forward and asked if she would take some of ours! they must have had a fun weekend too!

Cossebooms said...

What a great guy! So thoughtful. Sounds like you had a nice relaxing weekend.

Unknown said...

what a great weekend getaway... Kenny did a great job...

Shaina said...

How fun!! What a great gift! We love The Amazing Race too!