Tuesday, November 11

Mckay & Brayden Dr Appointments

Mckay and Brayden both went to the Dr on Monday. With the change in jobs and changes in insurance, we also had to change pediatricians, so I finally made the appointments for their 1 year and 4 year well checks (2 months late but whatever!). Because of all the changes, they hadn't been to the Dr since March, so we had to catch up on a lot of things like measurements and immunizations.

Brayden has always seemed small, but all my boys have been tall and skinny (like their dad!) so it makes them look thinner. They are usually around the 75th percentile for height and 25th percentile for weight. At 14 months, Brayden weighs 18.5 pounds, below the 5th percentile, and is 29.5 inches tall, about the 10th percentile. Because this was the first appointment with this Dr, he didn't have anything to compare it to yet. The Dr wasn't overly concerned though because he is proportionate, and developing well but I'm sure we will keep an eye on him. Trying to catch up on immunizations, he had to have 2 shots in each leg, including a flu shot, and we'll be back next month for the next round. He was not happy and quickly fell asleep in the car on the way home!

Mckay is doing great! He was small at a year old as well because he was allergic to milk and milk products, so it was hard to feed him and find things to fatten him up. He's since grown out of that and is growing really well. Mckay weighed 35 pounds, between the 25th and 50th percentile, and is 40.5 inches, in the 50th percentile. I had told Mckay that he may need some shots and it would hurt for a minute, but then they would give him a band aid. He told me "it's OK if they give me shots 'cause I want bandaids." He was so brave the whole time talking about the shots, when it was time I went to hold him and turn his head, but he said he wanted to watch the shots go in! YIKES! I even asked the nurses if that was common and they both said, NO! He had to have 3 shots in the left arm, including the flu shot, and 2 in the right. As soon as the first one went in, he started to cry and I had to turn his head. He was less than thrilled for the 2nd arm and tried to slide off the table. When he was done, I gave him some smarties to calm him down, and the nurses gave him several stickers. By the time we left, he told them thank you for his stickers and bandaids!

2 comments:

Hatch's said...

HOW could he want to WATCH them stick him with a NEEDLE? CRAZY!

Shaina said...

Nice little update!! I don't think I EVER take my kids to their well baby appointments on time!! You are a great mom!