Tuesday, November 11

Strep Throat

All day Friday while I was cleaning the house and getting ready for Kenny's graduation, I had been feeling sick. My throat was really sore and my back ached, but I had a lot of things to do and just kept trying to tough it out.

The next day we were busy with the graduation and festivities. My throat was still sore, so I took some advil and sucked on cough drops most the day. My head hurt and I had chills through out the day. I knew I would feel better later when I finally had time to lay down and rest.

I woke up early Sunday morning with my throat on fire! It finally dawned on me that this may be more than a sore thoat, so I got up for a drink, and looked up Strep Thoat on webmd.com. When Kenny got up for Bishopric Meeting, I asked him to check if I had spots in the back of my throat, and sure enough, SPOTS. We thought I needed to go to Urgent Care for antibiotics, but when? He had meetings all morning and I also needed someone to sub my primary class. Finally, we decided Kenny would take the 3 older boys to church and sub my class, while I took Brayden to Urgent Care with me. I got the older boys ready for church and dropped them off. Then came home and showered while Brayden took a nap. I was able to make an appointment at NextCare (didn't know they did that before!) and was in and out in 45 minutes. It took longer to fill my perscription at Walmart because they closed for lunch. Sure enough, Strep Throat, Acute Tonsilitis, and Acute Pharyngitis. I got home and started making soup for dinner, just before they all came home from church. After we ate Kenny put the kids down to watch a movie and he gave me a massage to help me rest. I finally started feeling better with some rest and antibiotics, and advil in me. Why aren't Mom's allowed to have sick days like everyone else?

2 comments:

CJ said...

Because the whole house would fall apart! Teeth wouldn't get brushed and spills wouldn't get wiped up, that's why. I hope you are feeling better!

Hatch's said...

Hey at least you get a back rub...Jeff would be like..."huh, so what's for dinner?"