Monday, December 15

Black Friday!!

Black Friday is one of my favorite days of the year!! It's like my once a year shopping spree! And who can pass up a great deal?
It started years ago while I was still in high school. My sister Lisa and I wanted the free gift bag Target had advertised. We really didn't want to buy stuff and didn't realize the popularity of Black Friday. So almost out of a dare, I'll go if you go, we got up early just as the store was opening and were shocked at the crowds in the parking lot. I think we actually walked in and got the free stuff and went back to the car! (Then we went to McDonald's 'cause if you're going to wake up that early, you really should get a Sausage McMuffin and a Dr Pepper!) But, it became a tradition, shopping and breakfast. I think it really hit me once I had kids though, that there was stuff I wanted to get, and it was really on sale! We save all our Christmas money in time for this day! In years past, Kenny has taken a vacation day off work, and even gone in late to work so I could get my deals! I get 75-90% of my Christmas shopping done in one day, before noon, and go out to breakfast with my sisters and girl-friends - NO KIDS! It's a wonderful thing!
This year, I went with Mindy. We met at 3:30 am, and went to Wal-mart, Target, Denny's, and the mall. We got everything on our lists and were done by 10 am. Beautiful! Can't wait for Christmas!

0 comments: