Monday, December 15

Decorating the Christmas Tree!

I have always loved the smell and look of real trees, but a couple years ago, I bought a nice pre-lit tree from Costco (on Black Friday!) and I have loved it! I love being able to put it up and take it down when we want without the major fire hazard! I love not having to water it! I love not having to string all the lights on the tree! I love that it folds up so nicely and after some "fluffing" comes back out the next year looking just as great! I love that there are no holes, that you have to turn to the back wall. I love that I don't have to vacuum up after the tree like it's a pet. Someday, we may get a real tree again, but for now I enjoy my fake one!

Kenny put up the tree while I was shopping on Black Friday. I spent a couple days "fluffing" it, then on Monday we decorated it together for FHE. The kids get so excited! They each have their own baby ornaments with the year they were born, that I put at the top of the tree to protect them. As the kids are getting older, and taller, the ornaments are being spaced better, so I don't have to rearrange much when their done. Brayden was super excited to help. He was very interested in these pretty shiny balls! We only had one casualty that night when he tried to bounce one. He keeps looking at this glowing temptation in the front room, but will shake his hand at it as if to say "No, No." (He may have heard it once or twice!) Afterward we had brownies and milk and sent the kids to bed, while I finished the tree.



1 comments:

Shaina said...

Broken ornaments are a fact of life! lol. The tree looks great!