Thursday, December 25

Christmas Parties and Santa Claus

On Saturday we had the day of Christmas Parties!

First we had our Ward Christmas Party, a pancake breakfast with Santa Claus. The kids ate quickly and were off to play with their friends until Santa came in.

This was the only time we saw Santa this year, so we weren't sure how Brayden would do. Turns out, he thought he was very interesting with all the hair and fur. Not at all scared.


Mckay was very thoughtful about what he wanted to ask Santa for. He wasn't sure if he should ask for several things, or just one special thing. He decided on a Cars Mega blocks set.

For 10 years, we have managed to keep the tradition of Santa alive, every year as the boys have gotten older we have wondered if this would be the last. This year, Santa is out of the bag, both Tyler and Ryan are in the know. Last year, I overheard them discussing ways to prove Santa was real to the kids on the bus. This year, when I believed Tyler was catching on, I pulled him aside and asked him what he thought about Santa. With a smile, he said he thought Mom and Dad were Santa. I told him I thought he was right, but nothing has changed, Christmas would be the same. I asked him not to say anything to the other kids. I explained to him it was like at Disneyland when they see Mickey Mouse and the other characters, they don't know it is a person in a costume and they really believe it's them. They get so excited, and it makes it so much fun. I told him that was why parents tell kids about Santa, it makes it more fun. He agreed, and promised not to say anything, but told me he believed Ryan already knew also. When I pulled Ryan aside, he right away told me he already knew about Santa and he wouldn't tell anyone, then ran out the door to play. (SO RYAN!) So, even though both boys are in the know, they are willing to play along.

Next we had our Crockett Family Christmas Party at Megan's. We got Danny and Gwen on web cam and had lunch then our gift exchange. We all had a lot of fun playing and visiting, but somehow, not one picture was taken.

Finally, Megan watched the boys while Kenny and I went to the Bishopric Christmas Party. We ate dinner and played games and visited. Again, no pictures.

2 comments:

meghannamarie said...

Your boys are such cute GOOD boys! I don't understand why we cannot seem to be able to take any pictures while we are all together. Maybe it will add to the insanity of it all!

Hatch's said...

You are so good to take them aside and ask...I can totally picture Ryan running out the door like you just robbed him of precious play time by discussing something he totally gets already!